Karen Covy Enterprises LLC operates the karencovy.com website (“Website”), which provides information, programs and education regarding divorce, marriage, relationships, coaching, mediation, divorce law, conflict resolution, conflict management, and general divorce, life and relationship advice, as well as many other related topics. (This is collectively referred to throughout this policy as our “Service.”)
Anyone who visits our Website is using our Service.
This page is used to inform anyone who uses our Service about our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We may also retain any messages you send through the Service, and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the Service. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. Your username and if you choose to disclose it, your real name, will be published publicly. Once published your username and / or real name may not be able to be removed.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We want to inform you that log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include, among other things, information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information
We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools and services, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving our Service. This information may also include your age, gender and interests. To the best of our ability, we collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user. We retain the data we collect for 38 months.
Our website, karencovy.com, uses “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. We use two different kinds of cookies on this website: First party and third party cookies
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
When you visit karencovy.com and/or use our Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
These cookies are specifically about KarenCovy.com and track your usage of this website. These cookies are considered essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, include:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit- it is anonymous and contains no personally identifying information;
- Page number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
This website sets different types of third-party cookies to track usage, social sharing and more. These cookies are not under my/our control, and serve to help us understand the visitors who come to the website, as well as support our connection to other third party sites.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for you to use the features available on this website. They include, for example, the ability to login and post a comment.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize, track, and count the number of visitors who come to this website. They also allow us to track broken pages on the website and to count what visitors do when they click through the website.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow us to track and remember your preferences for our website. For example, we can personalized content for you, greet you by name and/or remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies. These cookies allow us to deliver advertisements that match your interest level and browsing history. They also allow us to limit the number of times you see a particular ad.
Included in our list of third-party cookies are the following services:
- Social media – Karen Covy Enterprises, LLC uses various social media platforms, and tracks data on those platforms. You can access their privacy policies by clicking the links below:
NOTE: We reserve the right to add, subtract and change the list of third-party services whose third-party cookies we use at any time in our sole discretion, without notice.
Your rights with cookies:
Cookies are set by many entities and may include the website’s owners/developers/managers, plugins, third-party providers, advertisers and anyone else who collects or uses the website’s data.
As a user of this (or any) website, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some, or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
To learn how to block cookies, simply go to Google and type in “how do I block cookies” on whatever browser you use (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and you will find the details needed to block some or all cookies on your browser.
Your rights over data:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals:
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize the User experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
We also may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before using them to like, share, or connect them with our Service.
In addition to the non-personally identifiable data collected by cookies, this website also offers the ability to contact with us via contact forms, newsletter registration forms, downloadable ebooks, free downloadable gifts, webinars and other similar files.
To receive free gifts from this website, we require that you share your personal information consisting of your first and last name and your email address. In most cases, information is gathered and stored in the website database or via a third-party service, Active Campaign. All information gathered via any form on this website can be deleted upon request.
Information and informational items are provided in exchange for adding your email address and possibly your name, business and or website information to one of our mailing lists. All mailing lists are stored and executed via ActiveCampaign for the sole purpose of communicating information, as well as occasional marketing of services and products. Each mailing list will specifically detail what type of emails you may receive and possibly the frequency. You may unsubscribe from said email list(s) at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
Your information is never shared or sold to others for marketing purposes, and is only shared with third party services as necessary and explained above. If at any time you wish to opt out of communication, email, or to have your data deleted, please direct your request to the email, address and/or phone number below.
Clear gifs/web beacons information
When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information is allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by wikiHow. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
Commercial and marketing communications
We use the information we collect or receive, such as your email address, to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties without your consent, except as noted below
- Who we may share your information with: We may share your information with third-party business partners and Trusted Users for the purpose of providing the Service to you. Third party business partners will be given limited access to your information as is reasonably necessary to deliver the Service.
- Who can see User Content: Any User Content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service becomes available to the public and cannot be removed, except by Karen Covy Enterprises, LLC, in its sole discretion. Once posted on our website, User Content may not be removable from public view, as copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, on other sites that have republished us, or if other Users have copied or saved that information. If you do not wish your User Content to be available to the public, please don’t post it on our website. Your name and email address may be published publicly. Once published your name and email address may not be able to be removed. If you do not wish your name and email address to be published on our site, then do not post comments on our website or social media, or do not use our Services.
To enhance your user experience or help us improve and measure our effectiveness, wikiHow may embed code from third parties on the Service. Examples of such parties may include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, YouTube, and others. These third parties may collect information about you including IP address, cookies in ways we do not control.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Address: 30 N. LaSalle, Suite 3100, Chicago, IL
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Effective date: May 17, 2018
©2018 Karen Covy Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.